Sunday, January 23, 2011

TNA: The Hardy Boys Vs. Generation Me, A Match I Want To See!

Last night, in between editing chapters of The Sound Of her MASTER'S VOICE , I noticed what seemed to be some quipping going on between Matt Hardy (MATTHARDYBRAND) and a Hardy Hater on Twitter.  The Master of Mattitude even when as far as to say that, "I guess that's why I am a multi-millionaire because of pro wrestling moron."  The line was retweeted by several of Matt's followers, including Max Buck (GenMeMax).

Since then I have been turning the idea over in my head, a match between the Hardy Boys and Generation Me.  I had though of it months ago when Taz had made the comment that, "1999 was calling and that the Hardy Boys wanted their look back", or something close to that effect during one of Generation Me's matches as he noted the simularity in their attire to the Hardys attire when they debuted on WWF Sunday Night Heat.  But my thoughs on the reality of such a match were that it was not likely as Matt Hardy was still working on WWE Smackdown at the time.

Well, now things have changed, and not only has Matt come to TNA Wrestling but he has also joined Immortal.  So the reality of a Hardys Vs. Gen Me match is now a possibility.  Although I would say that Matt and Jeff need to train together because despite their showing against Mr. Anderson and Rob Van Dam a couple of weeks ago it was pretty apparent that they had not been training together as a team as they had been before their return as a team on WWE Extreme Championship Wrestling as few years back.

I remember when I was my youngest son's age I was dying to see a match between The Rock & Roll Express and the Midnight Rockers.  It never happened, or so I though, as yeas later I learned that they had had a series of matches on the independent circuit before The Rockers were signed with the World Wrestling Federation.  The other match I wanted to see, and did at the NWA Great American Bash, was the Original Midnight Express vs The New Midnight Express (Coundry & Rose with Paul Heyman against Eaton & Lane with Jim Corenette - not Bart Gunn & Bob Holly).

I am glad to see Matt in TNA which is a slight ray of hope in what has become a dismal promotion playing WCW Monday Nitro rip-off.  I even went as far to tweet @ Matt that he and his brother as a team could possibly breathe some life into the turd that is TNA Wrestling as it slowly circles the bowl.  With so many combinations of people to put together and set at odds against each other, a match between the Hardy's and Generation Me is the only thing I can think of that I want to see, as the only true teams left in TNA other than them, Beer Money and The Motor City Machine Guns are already at odds over the TNA World Tag Team Championship, and it is painfully obvious that the Guns are on the slow road to breaking up over their miscommunication issues. (Hey TNA Storyline Development, Russo, Sullivan, I though tag team wrestling was relevent in TNA because it was original, so why are you stealing the story of every WWE Tag Team Championship holder who's lost the title for the past couple of years with the exception of Slater & Gabriel?)

Matt and Jeff Vs. Jeremy and Max.  Yeah, it is a match that I definately want to see.  How about you?

Master Vyle

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE:

    After facing Mr. Anderson this week Matt Hardy (MATTHARDYBRAND) tweeted he was happy to be part of the third most watched TNA Impact ever and that the Hardys = Ratings. I agree and posted back that The Hardy Boys Vs. Generation Me would = even bigger ratings.

    ReplyDelete